How Do I Book A Tattoo Appointment?
To book an appointment fill out the submission form located under Schedule. All submissions will be responded to in the order received but not all submissions will be accepted. If I do not select a submission I will try to refer you to a Tattooer that is best suited to your subject matter. When filling out the submission form , please be as descriptive as possible. A lot of time and energy goes into each drawing and it is very helpful for me to know exactly what it is you’re looking for, any possible intention behind the tattoo, and what it may represent to you. If you wish to add Reiki to your tattoo service please make a note to reflect that in your submission as it will affect the time needed for your appointment. Adding Reiki to your tattoo appointment does not affect your hourly rate.
How Do I book a Reiki appointment?
To book a Reiki appointment with April please call Altar at 206-714-8455. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To add Reiki to your tattoo service please see how do I book a tattoo. To book an appointment please visit her BOOK NOW page here or look under Schedule Reiki in the menu bar.
How Far Out Do You Book?
I generally stay booked out several months in advance. I keep a cancellation list however clients that are already on my regular schedule and have on going projects take precedence. If you would like to expedite your appointment check the express booking option on the tattoo appointment submission form.
I sent an email and haven't heard back
First off, thank you for your email and interest. I receive many emails and I or my assistant attempt to respond to each email in the order sent and generally within 48 hours, no longer than a week. If you have not heard back with in one week, I apologize. Please email again or call Altar and we will get back to you at our first convenience. If you have emailed about a new tattoo and have not filled out the submission form, please do so under Schedule Tattoo.
How Much Do You Charge?
My hourly is $200 and I have a $150 minimum. $100 deposit is required for most deposits. The deposit is not an additional fee and will come off the price of the tattoo when the tattoo is completed. Deposits are non refundable , no exceptions. There is a 72 hour cancellation policy in order to reschedule appointments. Failure to meet the 72 hour deadline forfeits the deposit. No shows forfeit the deposit and all standing appointments are removed from the schedule.
I began practicing Reiki in 2015 under Terri Sandusky and in 2016 started training under Daisy Thompson. I work closely with Daisy as my mentor and am involved in her yearly Advanced Intuitive Energy program continuously learning, growing and expanding my skills as an energy intuitive. I combine Reiki with Tattooing for those clients who are wanting to incorporate that into their experience. I infuse Reiki into all of my drawings and into the tattoo process. For clients who are wanting Reiki with their appt, I will open the session using Reiki for 10-15 min, flow Reiki energy throughout the appt and close the session another 10-15 min. For clients wanting to book Reiki only, I will be taking appointments in the upcoming months. My hourly rate will start at $175.
Before You Come
Be sure to eat something before you arrive, be rested, hydrated and not hungover. Please plan your attire appropriately so there is easy access to the area getting tattooed while providing you maximum comfort and modesty. Please do not consume any blood thinning medications before hand and avoid alcohol. Please be sure to let me know if you are taking any medications that may prevent you from healing properly.
- Leave bandage on for 24 hours, unless otherwise directed.
- Remove and wash bandage with clean hands, fragrance free soap and warm water. Pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Let tattoo be dry for the first day or two.
- Lightly apply KOI or Aquaphor once or twice a day but no more than that. The ointment should absorb into your skin. If the ointment does not absorb fully, you have too much on, gently take some off with a paper towel.
- When the tattoo actively starts flaking and peeling stop using aquaphor and switch to a water-based, fragrance and dye free lotion, if you are using KOI, continue to use KOI but also use a little lotion.
- Wear clean clothing and be sure that any bedsheets or any article of clothing on your new tattoo will come in contact with is clean and not skin tight. Your tattoo is an open wound and can get infected if you are exposed to bacteria. Be mindful to not touch or rest your new tattoo any surfaces or objects where you could come in contact with bacteria. Wearing a loose article of clothing over your new tattoo, if possible, can help protect your tattoo from exposure to bacteria, do not wear tight clothing.
- If your tattoo becomes unusually red, painful and/or irritated use a small amount of neosporin or bacitracin as directed until infection clears, usually two to three days. Once redness and infection clears, stop using ointment and heal as normal. If you are concerned or unsure, you can always call the shop or see your doctor immediately. ONLY use neosporin or bacitracin if you are not allergic and are sure that your tattoo may be infected. If you are unsure, you can all ways call the shop, email or see your doctor.
- Do not let your new tattoo come in contact with animals or risk being scratched.
- Do not pick or scratch your tattoo, soak in any kind of water (showering once a day is fine), or expose to sunlight. The KOI product is very helpful when your tattoo goes through the itchy stage, lightly apply KOI when tattoo is itchy but do not scratch or pick at your tattoo, ever.
- Once your tattoo is healed use SPF to protect your new tattoo and enjoy. Your tattoo will heal in 1-2 weeks. It will take up to a month to be completely healed. Until your tattoo is healed the black and grey or color may look milky, shiny and off until it is completely healed. Give it time to heal and stay out of the sun. If your tattoo sticks to bed sheets or clothing, do not pull material off your skin. Soak material in water and then remove, clean and dry.
- Your new tattoo may seep plasma for up to 24 hours, this is normal. It is important to try and leave your bandage on until the next day. After you clean your tattoo and begin the healing instructions it is normal for your tattoo to be red, a bit swollen and tender. Your tattoo will form a thin scab layer over the entire tattoo. It is important to not pick or scratch your tattoo. Once your tattoo flakes off it may take up to a month for the black work or color to be true to color and even throughout. If you have any parts of your tattoo that need touch up after it has been healed for one month, please contact me for a touch up. Touch ups are complimentary with in 6 months only.
do you sell gift certificates?
Yes, we sell gift certificates in any amount. They can be purchased at Altar or over the phone and mailed to you.
Is there parking?
Yes, there is free 2 hour parking directly in front of the shop and free all day side street parking nearby. Please obey all city posted parking signs.
what forms of payment do you accept?
Cash is always preferred but we do accept credit cards. Sorry, no checks.
Altar does have a meditation space to utilize if you would like to sit shortly before or after your appointment only.